fa3_c54_Lights_Out

Help make Party-approved missions harder
AmishStrikeForce

fa3_c54_Lights_Out

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

Please post any and all feedback here. Thanks!
Last edited by AmishStrikeForce on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also known as Spanks Masterson

Eagle_Eye

Re: fa3_c50_Lights_Out

Post by Eagle_Eye »

I liked it a lot.

Desperate need for some MAT though. And maybe just a small bit more time before shit hits the fan. Even with relatively high numbers things were tough.

AmishStrikeForce

Thanks for the input eagle. Your wish is my command! Just got back from the lab :science101: and sure enough, version 7 has MAT and a smidgen more breathing room. One thing to keep in mind is that the mission adds more enemy forces as the player numbers go up. With 41 people in the game you had the maximum amount of IFVs online (for that version anyways, in the current version you've got to hit 45 players to get all the IFVs). Smaller player numbers will reduce the IFV presence, or remove them all together.

Also, Charlie was halved within the first few minutes due to friendly fire Party-Approved Execution. :commissar: That didn't help out the Grand Strategy either. :lol:
Last edited by AmishStrikeForce on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Ah ok. In that case it was pretty much spot on. However anytime more than one enemy vic moght show up, its always a good idea to have MAT on hand. Looking forward to giving it another shot. I reckon ots the type of mission well get better at as we play it more.

AmishStrikeForce

Re: fa3_c54_Lights_Out

Got to play v8 of this on Tuesday with a player count of 24. I definitely loosened the screws too much. The whole experience of designing, tinkering, and tweaking a mission has really been a blast. I think game design is what I was born to do. :lol: At any rate, a couple take-aways from the two games played are: players in-game skill is bumped up by about 15-25% after the first run-through of a mission. Basically, once they have a good idea of what's in store for them, the players will maximize every asset. The first play through of a mission definitely has a mysterious quality to it, where seemingly anything could happen. I'm pondering ways of trying to extend the life of that initial sensation, so that it lasts a tad longer than just the first playing. Also, if they had to choose, it seems that players would prefer a brutal slog with gobs of player-death (so long as they aren't waiting too long in Limbo) VS. a reasonably challenging scenario with relatively little player-death.

Anyways, I'd love to hear any thoughts folks may have on this topic!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

So the evac zone needs a little work; there's nothing in it to indicate to the player that they've reached the evac point, other then their own maps; and it's so close to shore that if there's armour on land, the boats in the evac zone are well within range. Bravo 1 made it all the way to evac tonight, only to get annihilated from shore by a random madrid. We need to stick a trawler out there or something to act both as an indicator of the evac point and to act as shelter to hide behind :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

AmishStrikeForce

Sparks wrote:So the evac zone needs a little work; there's nothing in it to indicate to the player that they've reached the evac point, other then their own maps; and it's so close to shore that if there's armour on land, the boats in the evac zone are well within range. Bravo 1 made it all the way to evac tonight, only to get annihilated from shore by a random madrid. We need to stick a trawler out there or something to act both as an indicator of the evac point and to act as shelter to hide behind :D
I thought the version on the server was broken and could have sworn I marked it as such in FAMDB, but my mind must be slipping into the Arma madness which strikes us all in the end. At any rate...

Thanks for the input Sparks! You make a valid point and I'll definitely toss in a trawler. That said, being so close to the shore is intentional. 1) Cuz I hate lengthy "get aways" 2) To keep the tension on the players. It's entirely possible they will be getting shot at as they try to escape. 8-) Please let me know if you have any more input. It's always great to get feedback.