[Sun] 10 Jul 2016 (Surrounded and Out-Gunned)

How we died (in the future)
blip2
Host

[Sun] 10 Jul 2016 (Surrounded and Out-Gunned)

Post by blip2 »

Thank you to the twenty eight+ comrades who turned out to play this evening.

On Compound Interest we have a fairly straightforward run blowing up caches along the way. In Posts things went well until the CSAT mechanised section arrived and wiped FIA off the map, A2 held out to the end behind one of the buildings but were flanked by two APCs while lacking any RPG or reinforcements! In Manhunt both officers attended seemingly curtailed meeting before escaping amongst the chaos of rush hour traffic. In Mail Man waves of enemies were successfully held off to retrieve the data and escape. The defending team on Appropriation learnt that offence is often a good defence but not when you don't watch your flanks!

Main Session:
  • Compound Interest
  • Mail Man
  • Appropriation Pt 2
Afterparty:
  • Shipping Problems
  • Riders of the Salt
  • +++
As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

Kefirz

Re: [Sun] 10 Jul 2016 (Surrounded and Out-Gunned)

Post by Kefirz »

The two highlights of the session for me were when me and the rest of A2 in Posts were stacked up against a house and 3 BMPT's (or 2 BMPT's and 1 Tigris?) came to visit us. Needless to say we all died horribly :D
Our AT guy had only one rocket and a fast approaching armored baddie was trying to hunt us down, but moments later he was dispatched to Valhalla. At this point we were all out of rockets, but were under fire from the other IFV's, I tried to see if we can sneak out to the west, but I was dispatched to Valhalla too :commissar:
It was fun watching you all die in spectator, knowing that you don't have rockets and you are surrounded, also you all made a nice pile of corpses near that corner of the house :D

The second highlight was Mailman, me rolling as A2 FTL again. When we landed, we went to the crash site and secured it while A1 gave us cover. After we cleared the surroundings, Grumpy started to transfer the data to The Cloud apparently. Meanwhile we defended the compound from the incoming attacks. The transfer took a long time to complete and once it was done the command structure was just fallen apart, so I took over and ordered everyone to regroup and TH1 (Zitron, I think) to come in and get us out. We still had enemy infantry all around us and by this time Grumpy was dead. The chopper came in and we started loading up and some enemies crested the ridge, so I got in a firefight with them while everyone else loads in, but curse you crappy AAF rifle, it was like shooting a water gun :D
Anyway, I got downed with some other dudes and ordered the chopper to get out of here.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

Manhunt
A1 R
It was a little worrying to see one of the extraction helicopters go down so early, it was fun to have them buzzing overhead while they were around. A1 engaged a few helicopter inserted groups before starting to take potshots. ZeCatnip went down and in my hurry to get some smoke down I threw a grenade instead of green smoke :oops: .

Extraction chopper doing its belly landing

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

I feel like Mailman could be made into a very enjoyable video with some spectator cinematics + ingame gameplay and epic music. Very enjoyable mission, easily the most fun one in the session.

Also Compound Interest, just because of how smooth it went. That's a really satisfying thing, especially if you're the CO, when you complete a mission almost without casualties.