[Tue] 02 Jul 2013 (Dead Russians)

How we died
wolfenswan

[Tue] 02 Jul 2013 (Dead Russians)

Post by wolfenswan »

We picked at 39 little mice today which is great for a Tuesday. Thank you all for lending your bodies and bullets to the revolution!

We played:
  • Plug the Gap (ADV)
  • Poctalon (COOP)
  • 2 Days to Retirement (ADV)
In Plug the Gap Russians engaged a platoon of US soldiers, backed up by a BMP3. They killed many but eventually the BMP3 found it's master in comrade-hero medic Bandzai who had picked up a MAAWS from downed MAT. Poctalon quickly turned from a casually forest stroll into a massacre when Bravo got engaged from more or less all sides. A similar fate awaited Alpha but they managed to last longer, just to run into a happy little T34. To relief the stressful tension a bit we all decided to pop some pills and chill in our gang hideout but then the police came and it all turned into a brawl around Ybor in 2 Days to Retirement.

Good fun comrades. See you next time! :hist101:

Zergra

Re: [Tue] 02 Jul 2013 (Dead Russians)

Post by Zergra »

Poctalon
B1 FTL
This was a incredibly stressfull mission for me with me having some coms problems, which led to the who channel having to ear a stressed-out teenager with a high pitched voice swear alot and call for CAS that did not exist(which no one should hear). I am truly sorry to have subjected you al to that torment.
So after making a sandwich during the briefing, I started strong by directing one of my comrades to the wrong chopper. This led to him traipsing behind us the whole mission. Sorry again (This is getting to be a habit.)
After that ordeal,B landed and took fire immediately as we landed. After that it is just a haze of shouts 'n stuff. I when remember BSL getting killed so I have to take command. Naturally as I am the most competent leader(haha, no). This was the end of the beginning to die, as Churchill said.
My CC was messed up so everyone could hear me. I'm sorry about that.
I when tried to call in CAS that was apperantly not up. Which I did not know. After a while of dying someone said we should move, and so we did.
Then I bit a bullet and died
By this time I was biting my nails of and tearing my hair in stress, I did not continue playing

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

I missed the first mission due to a lack of sleep and or coffee and a really slow coffee maker so I was fueled up and ready to go for the second mission.

Poctalon - Bravo 3 AR, Pr3sario FTL, Labbes AAR & Pickers AT

Despite trying to get in the back of the helicopter I was somehow bumped to the cockpit gunner seat, I spent the flight to the LZ watching out for things to shoot and praying to the vengeful Arma gods that I might survive being in the cockpit as usually I die horribly. Anyway we moved out with Bravo, went south, went west, south, west etc until we hit the treeline. I spotted an EI patrol in the clearing and had a great shot, sadly by the time Dogface cleared Bravo hot (a matter of seconds) all but one had gone past my line of sight and become obscured by one of Chernerus's many annoying shrubberies. With the patrol dealt with we moved in the general direction of the crash with B1 & B2 left and right and us B3 acting as rear guard. BSL and B2 moved across the clearing in front of us without spotting the EI in the clearing with them, turning around to catch up from guarding our backside I wasn't in a position to go prone or even take a knee to fire on the EI 20m away, I was forced to go full spray and prey suppressing fire and hope for the best.. With the clearing guys dealt with we moved across into the next treeline west, with a little friendly fire towards B1 who were looking for a lost Hammer. Things went wrong for Bravo from here, Dogface ate a bullet and the enemy was hitting us from the west then with some casualties and Bravo scattered to hell all over the place we were taking fire from the north. Smoke put down to cover the wounded blinded me and I was forced to move position under some heavy fire if I was to put some bullets in the direction of the enemy. I set myself up behind a decent rock and was burning through my ammo quickly, I called for Labbes but he was dead, I was soon onto my last drum but it didn't matter I got hit and was writhing around exposed on the north side of Bravo's position. Pr3sario went down close to me and Pickers wasn't able to get to us neither was the Medic or anyone else - the enemy fire was just too strong. That however didn't stop someone from Bravo walking casually up to my rock, looking at me writhing before walking away further north. I don't know who you were but smoke and a plaster would have been lovely.. Bravo 3 was wiped out quickly after I bled out.

2 Days to Retirement - Gang Bravo 1 Saiga Dude, Awesomeish FTL, Awaits Woflenswan fellow gang members

We went looking for the PCP easter eggs Dogface had hidden in our house, sadly we didn't find any before the fuzz showed up. I fired at and wounded two cops cresting the little rise east of our building. I looked to my left and thought 'wait a second isn't that a chimney' looked back to the cops coming in north east fired another round or two at them hitting nothing, then more chimney and most of the building collapsed on my head. What happened I have no idea, explosives, smoke grenade glitch or saiga doing witchcraft? It doesn't really matter but I was dead.

Two short and sweet missions, looking forward to V+ on Friday, see some of you there chaps :zoidberg:
ramming speed!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Black Mamba always gets me killed. That is all!

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Plug the Gap
Opfor ASL -> CO -> HMMV-hotwirer.

Alpha Squad is be.... Oh fuck it, let's make Alpha Squad ONLY squad!
Being SL for the only squad there makes comms with CO slightly easier, so why not introduce beer and tiredness to even it out a little?

I like missions with time limits because at times stuff really drags on due to a lot of safety first nonsense. Plan on the fly, move on the fly, die on the fly. (Says the man who ends up standing still around the starting position when SL'ing....) :eng101:

But yeah. We moved down the road whilst waiting for our IFV crew to be burnt to crisps (they were) and our fireteams to be killed by unseen assailants in the forests. (They were (partially)). :jihad:

So, we move along, A3 is out front scouting, EI appear, EI disappear, IFV moves, we provide covering fire. A1 moves in on the forest on our left side whilst A3 moves South then East. A2 stays with MMG for a while, then we notice we're running out of time and need to speed it through the forest.
A1 proceeds to get shot up from the NE, with A2/3 a bit too slow to save them (my bad). Then the IFV decides that it should really audition for American Idol. Unfortunately, the BLUFOR judges gave it a definite thumbs down, applied with rockets. :dance:
Then we're re-forming on the southern tip of that forest when tryteyker decides to get himself killed. Jazz!

We were about to run out of time (5/7 minutes left) and we were way too far out from the place we were supposed to be.
So, knowing this, and hating the thought of wading through the forests on the western side of the map i decided that all of our guys had been to HMMV-hotwire school. :cop: This caused some ire post-game and that is fair, and i've read the arguments against such activities before, :cop: but i wanted to do something a bit different from the "death-slog through forest routine". And charging three HMMVS through a field in a desperate last ditch effort to get at the Officer sure was that.

They tracked us down in the city easily enough, but a grenade i threw towards some hostiles overshot them and hit the Officer in the hospital. Who promptly died. Mission end...
(Oh, and don't ever let Dogface drive you to the hospital. You'll end up god knows where..... :laugh: )

Poctalon AKA Field promotion day.
A1 FTL -> A1 SL -> CO -> Dead on Delivery

Granted, i know what i'm letting myself into when i take A1 FTL, but at times it becomes downright hilarious. This was one of those times. We got out of the chopper and brave A1 moved through their forest objectives with ease. From the first objective we spotted 6-8 opfor, who were cheeky enough to move both left and right from the clear, open ground in which they so recently stood. Several more showed up as well, and i had forgotten that we had an MMG moving with us, so after a move slightly further ahead we littered the fields with bodies (of our enemies, surprisingly.)
Luckily for us our sweet bubble of success was popped by reports of A3, and a thoroughly stressed ASL's demise a little while later. :( It wasn'n as if Bravo were taking a beating as well, so we knew good times were on. And a couple of enemies decided to start shooting on us as we tried to form up into a coherent squad again. (Causing me to *erm* test Comrade Crocutas body armor....). :oops:

Thereafter i set off what has to have been the worst helicopter pick-up of FA's history. :hist101: It might have been an idea to check who needed healing, and act on that before i told tryteyker to land, but oh no! "Hey try, mind landing in an open field for a couple of minutes whilst we get shot at and heal eachother up?!" :? Luckily, he was can do on that, and the two members of A2 who had no legs had their fun crawling to the chopper. Crawl to da choppah!

Bravo was nowhere to be found, (except when Zergra was all over TS, but that got confusing fast! No worries! =)) so i figured they were dead, and that fun were to be had with a daring landing near the wreckage and some huffhuffrunstuff to safety. :clint:
This plan should perhaps have involved A) careful scouting, B) me NOT jumping out of the chopper when it had too high velocity/altitude since i thought it was the only way to survive the crash C) Two of the guys having to exit the chopper with no legs and D) Whomever was alive after the chopper crashed NOT encountering the littlest T34 that could. :science101:

2 Days to retirement
Gang Member

My ideal mission takes place in a forest, with fog, the purple filter, and desert camo.
One out of four ain't bad!

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

audiox wrote:Crawl to da choppah!
I actually gave that command in the proper voice to my other delegged-by-A1 buddy, Garrett. By the time we were a few metres away, it took off (only being called back by Issus.)

Bandzai

Post by Bandzai »

Plug the Gap (ADV)

Bluefor Alpha Squad Medic

ASL Draakon ordered me to tag along with HAT1 team, while he went on to front line to do scouting. After some waiting, FT movement and some infantry losses (including Draakon) our northern flank was almost unprotected. Enemies were at our CO's (Tigershark) forward possition (also scouting in the middle of the map). He had hopes of remaining undetected, but alas he got wounded. Being a medic, having nothing to do and watching the least protected side (North), decided to move in to CO and help him if I can. Noticed couple of hopefully enemy infantry, and engaged them. They were silenced (not sure if killed). At about the same time, our HAT team got involved in firefight, so I did not reach our CO's possition assuming he was dead, and returned to help HAT.

As I arrived, saw one of HAT guys dead with the launcher on him, and couple of ruskies. Pickers was giving meddical aid to his comrade. Shot them both point blank. Heard their conversation that they have noticed me on top of them.

Got permission from command to pick up the launcher, as from the sounds I could hear, BMP was nearby. To my surprise launcher had no NV, so I doubted if I will be able to hit.

Since BMP rushed south, I pursued it to the fenced up buildings, and saw it briefly stop down the hill from me. Aimed and fired as it was beggining to change location. That was a kill.

Soon after the rocket launch, unseen enemies west from me launched couple of gp's at me, so I went down the hill east back to the forrest, to the side of parked hmmv's. Saw a body laying on the ground. Got killed moments later, as Opfor was about to steal all the hmmv's.

Felt like Rambo medic. :dance:

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Zergra wrote:Poctalon
B1 FTL
This was a incredibly stressfull mission for me with me having some coms problems, which led to the who channel having to ear a stressed-out teenager with a high pitched voice swear alot and call for CAS that did not exist(which no one should hear). I am truly sorry to have subjected you al to that torment.

My CC was messed up so everyone could hear me. I'm sorry about that.

By this time I was biting my nails of and tearing my hair in stress, I did not continue playing
Hey Zerga, don't stress out about it. It's a bit late now, but I was B3 FTL and if you had said I would have been happy (not really happy, scared shitless) to take over with all your CC issues. The good news is that we were in that wooded area before you took over so we were all gonna die anyway. It was just a matter of time.
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Poctalon

OpFor Bravo 3 FTL with dancemoox, Pickers and Labbes

Just popped in for this mission. After I was settled in and ready to go most of the slotting had already been done. There was only a small number of us left to slot so when the call came to fill up the FT's in Alpha and Bravo I jumped into B3 as FTL. I haven't done much FTL'ing but I think this mission went OK. It consisted of me basically orientating my team in the direction would should be going and reminding them that trees and rocks are their friend. Then we all died...

As we moved through the woods (FA's problem zone) from way point to way point we engaged a few small groups of enemy. One that we had spotted before they seen us and then another that had spotted us before we seen them. We were lucky to survive it really, but thanks to the quick reactions of most of Bravo we came through it relatively unscathed. We entered a tree line across the clearing and that's when things started to go wrong. We lost Labbes (sorry man!) and then Pickers went down but I was able to get him back up and serviceable. I heard that Dogface was down and Zerga was going to be taking over as BSL. At this point dancemoox engaged EI across the clearing and suppressed them long enough for someone (or him?) to take them out. Contacts were coming in from all directions by this point and dancemoox went down, then so did I. I think Pickers lasted on his feet a bit longer than us but was instakilled. So all that was left of B3 was dancemoox and I, Tigershark was brave and tried to help us but the area was too hot. dancemoox died and I was left, alive and alone with no ammo as the enemy surrounded me. I waited for death, which took a while.

On a serious note though. I wasn't entirely sure the guys around me at the end were enemy. I will need to study a link or page somewhere that has all the factions camo.
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Pr3sario wrote:On a serious note though. I wasn't entirely sure the guys around me at the end were enemy. I will need to study a link or page somewhere that has all the factions camo.
Helmets are your friend. Learn to recognize the parabolic curve of Russian / Takistani helmets and the round CDF / Marines / US Army PASGT, and you'll be able to recognize most force's factions on seeing their head. Obviously, if one side has helmets and the other doesn't, that simplifies matters even more. And if both sides are Takistani Militia, then yer eff'd! :lol:

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."