• Jolly Green (Chernarus)
  • Sensitive Data (Podagorsk)
  • Kovrov Clearance (Podagorsk)
  • Spring Cleaning (United Sahrani)
  • HOSTages (Cindercity)
  • Random Engagements (Celle 2)
  • Random Engagements (United Sahrani)
  • Chologorsk (Podagorsk)
Fun session, cheers to all who came along. We had a lot fewer players than usual, most likely due to the weather, around 8 to be exact. Feel free to stick an AAR below, or just your general thoughts and feelings.

Cam

Pr3sario

Re: [Fri] 12 Jul 2013 [V+] (Special Ops)

Post by Pr3sario »

Classic Moon Moon shout....

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

dancemoox

Re: [Fri] 02 Jul 2013 [V+] (Special Ops)

Post by dancemoox »

Jolly Green (Chernarus) - Crew Chief

Lesson to be taken from this mission; I'm a piss poor crew chief in the dark, I couldn't see anything but I get the feeling neither could Cam, we landed and I started putting down fire above the heads of our guys into the forest. It turns out by the time we'd landed almost everyone was dead and the rescue bird was taking all kinds of fire. Cam died and I jumped out to take the pilot seat, the heli took two more RPG hits and I moved away past the still moving tail, I called Cams death over the radio and started to try and link up with friendly forces. I moved and fired my way towards Crocuta who despite my aircrew uniform took me for the enemy, thankfully his aim was woeful, Pr3sario has a delightful video of my measured and calm reaction above...

Sensitive Data (Podagorsk) - A1 Marksman

Special Ops really are special.. They set off without telling us and drove down a road past a technical, A1 the non 'special' element destroyed it in short order and moved into the town taking up positions in the school building / office building / police station. Blessed with a G36 with an actual optic I set up with Pr3sario on the east side and picked off targets at range. Eventually Spec ops arrived and the download of the data started, the counter attack took out on of the spec ops guys and wounded Cam (who'd suicidallybravely taken up a position on the top of the building). We returned fire and eliminated the threat, communications with the Special team broke down as the countdown got lower, A1 executed a good extraction to the SUV with Pr3sario taking out a straggler along the way. We halted at the courtyard waiting for Special team to load, only one had survived somehow. We sped off with some jumps and tricks and shit into the sunset!

Kovrov Clearance (Podagorsk) A2 FTL / AR

Alpha 2 is best Alpha! Did A1 have a gas leak on its end or something you were wandering all over the place and even initiated the attack on the first arms dump without covering fire or even saying you were going in.. With the first objective taken care of eventually A2, myself and Pr3sario moved towards the second with SL and medic in tow. We took out guys in and around the strong point and were slightly surprised by the HMG emplacement, it didn't live long or shoot very well however. A1 covered as A2 moved in and I began my search for a satchel to blow the place up. I checked the box and found nothing, same with the tents and I eventually found one on the last guy killed around the structure. I placed the charge and was preparing to pull A2 back when a blazing HMG armed technical stormed out of the east treeline, I fired moving to cover behind an earthen barricade taller than I was, it however proved to be less resistant to the whizzing bullets heading towards me, I was killed seconds after making the contact report and taking cover..

Spring Cleaning (United Sahrani) - MMG Gunner

Take MMG enjoy M60, fire at all the things! I'm still not sure if we murdered all the town people or if the server just couldn't handle how awesome my M60 was? Don't worry Cam next time I'll shout "SUPPRESSIVE FIRE" next time I'm alarmed at how close bad dues are to us 8-)

HOSTages (Cindercity) - Rescueforce Breaching Dude

How is the breeching done exactly? I had the M136 but no rocket, is it some kind of action? Also who knew the building had a roof, not I because that's where Cam shot me from!

Random Engagements (Celle 2) - Bluefor AR

We split our forces into a pincer movement and I went with Cam through some woods and half way across the open ground before the town. I did voice concerns about buildings before we started across and my premonition proved accurate. Half way to the town I saw silhouetted movement in one of the buildings, and called it as a rocket flew out from it killing Cam instantly. Exposed and in the open I provided a base of fire and directed the rest of Bluefor in, best description I could give of the building was rewarded with a friendly rocket hitting the building. I was able to suppress everyone inside whilst I had ammo in my belt, I could see movement when I reloaded, I was hit on my third reload but was able to report movement and fire the last of my loaded rounds.. How someone on Opfor that was trying to flank didn't see or hear my M249 fire is beyond me..

Random Engagements (United Sahrani) - Tree Monster #3

The ambush was set for the convoy at the first corner, I was within the shrapnel hit of Cam's GP round engagement signal, I moved out of my tree and shot the HUMVEE gunner in the back, trying to get an angle on the drivers door I fired as it sped down the road before turning south off road. I gave chase and had caught up with it and timed my treeborne assault well. Throwing a grenade to disable the vehicle I fired wildly into Pr3sario who was making his escape, I was wounded either by his rounds or my own grenade, either way the convoy was disabled and Bluefor was dead or running away in one instance!

Chologorsk (Podagorsk) - PCP Head #2

Cam drove me on a sneaky sideways attack vector and it was going well, until another car flew around the corner we'd paused at, it's back window taking shotgun fire.. I lost Cam in the moments following it but was able to make a dash across the road. The same car returned and the guy getting out shot me, I expressed my displeasure at being shot at by my own team and he eventually patched me up.. If I don't look like a Policeman don't shoot me until Cam gives the FFA signal! Anyway I moved into the building and was clearing a room when I became stuck in the same doorway as has stuck many a player of Arma before, I died with shotgun pellets in my legs..

Another cracking V+ session, arrogance included ;)
ramming speed!

Crocuta

Re: [Fri] 05 Jul 2013 [V+] (CSAR 101)

Post by Crocuta »

Even with the low player count this was a pretty fun session.

Dancemoox, I turned around to see the muzzle flash of someone firing in my direction, stood in a shadow among recently dead EI. Thankfully, I was wounded and down to my last few rounds.

I completely cheesed it at the end of Random Engagements, firing an RPG at near point blank:

In the second Random Engagements we played, with the convoy, tryteyker went down almost instantly so I drove up the road a bit, swung left into the trees and then dismounted. I tried to join up with everyone else, but they were soon dead. Hearing voices just beyond the trees I threw a grenade, but the mission was called moments later.

In Cholo, pr3sario opened fire on someone from the entrance of the building to the second story moments before dying. I peaked around the corner, could see his assailant's right leg. I fired, and it turned out to be Cam. :siiigh: I have killed 3 friendlies during my 6 months playing with Folk ARPS, and Cam is two of them.

Pr3sario

Re: [Fri] 05 Jul 2013 [V+] (CSAR 101)

Post by Pr3sario »

Crocuta wrote:Dancemoox, I turned around to see the muzzle flash of someone firing in my direction, stood in a shadow among recently dead EI. Thankfully, I was wounded and down to my last few rounds.
Crocuta, don't take it personally. He has a tendancy to lose his mind :twisted:

Warning the above video has nothing to do with Arma, and everything to do with dancemoox's anger management issues...
Crocuta wrote:In Cholo, pr3sario opened fire on someone from the entrance of the building to the second story moments before dying. I peaked around the corner, could see his assailant's right leg. I fired, and it turned out to be Cam. :siiigh: I have killed 3 friendlies during my 6 months playing with Folk ARPS, and Cam is two of them.
It wasn't me! Excellent - Cam blamed me lol :D

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Final post for me in this AAR thread.

Despite low numbers I actually found this pretty fun. Made it to the end of most the missions too!

First up, as the hostage I go back on my word and attempt to "Runaway".

Finally, a new thing I am trying out: "FA In Sixty Seconds". Let me know what you think, this is the first attempt at it, looking to tighten the format etc as I go.

See ya all next time!

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

I might have to just accidentally drop a grenade near you sometime soon Pe3sario, anger management faaah :commissar:
ramming speed!