Post by Bodge »

Missions:
  • Amphibious Assault
  • Plain and Simple
  • Cacheola
  • Finale
  • The Generals
  • Chazarlo
A fairly low count didn't stop us from finding a large amount of death. A stunningly fast platoon death on Utes was followed by some close quarters confusing foresty death, eventually with the attackers prevailing. A solidish defence thinned out blufor leaving a 3 man fireteam to put in a valiant effort to push it close. This was followed by a surprisingly successful attempt at finale with the low numbers, many tanks were crippled.

Thoughts and reports below:

dancemoox

Re: [Tue] 23 Jul 2013 - Raising Hell

Post by dancemoox »

Amphibious Assault - IFV Driver, Awaitz Commander Tryteker Absent Gunner 1st Class

I warned everyone not to stand in front of the IFV as I would run them over, this proved true. Kale you made a soft crunching noise as you stood motionless at the top of the beach. Awaitz had to swap between commander and gunner and that threw out the turn out. We got blown up once we hit the road. Kerfitz pulled us out of the wreck and once healed I went to who I thought was Awaitz but it was the AI that'd replaced Try. We were eaten by a rock in the end..

Plain and Simple - Opfor A3 AR, Iceraiser FTL, Zergra AT, Nutty AAR

Hold the line and wait for them, eventually when that didn't really work out Ice dispatched us on a flanking run, I put a bullet into a downed enemy and proceeded with our flank, Zergra and Nutty downed a friendly thus starting the FF Karma chain. We were all wounded towards the end, I think I was killed by FF before the server engaged running simulator mode...

Cacheola - Indie Bravo AR, Dogface FTL Kerfitz AAR, Dan AT

We loaded into the 'ramming speed' bus and moved to defensive buildings. With no IEDs to set I went up on the roof and spotted a humvee north. I asked for permission to fire and opened up on the gunner, believing in a fit of thunderstorm induced madness that I could roll back into cover and not be hideously killed by the M2 traversing my direction. I failed on my D20 roll and died on the roof, the first to die..

Finale - Dr Azim

I didn't have time to look at the map and work out what fireteam I'd stationed myself next to, the tank rounds were coming in thick and fast. Three guys were hit, two killed instantly just along the wall from me, I dragged Dan back and patched him up. With the incoming fire reduced I grabbed the two dead and looted a RPG tube, thinking that it may well come down to me firing point blank at the tanks.. With no rockets to hand and the shrapnel wounds in Dan covered in elastoplast for now I moved down to where Dogface had two SPG-9s set up and firing. His element were taking casualties quickly, I'd grab them off the front line and drag them three feet back for some tracer zipping past your ear surgery. With everyone either dead or tended to for the moment I heard a cry of 'incoming tank' in the CO channel so I dived onto the nearest SPG-9 and fired at the beast, it fired back and I died horribly.

All of the above took place in this area. Bodies by the wall are the AI defenders who also died in the first tank blast, bodies from that are dragged back behind the bushes. It seems before I could get a screen shot someone lifted the SPG-9 I'd died manning :(

The Generals - Opfor Bravo FTL, Antlerowl AR, Iceraiser AAR, Bodge AT

We made it through all of the Song of Fire and Ice waypoints, Ice collected some shells from the beach and Antler executed a guy placed on overwatch west of the train station. I fired all my GP at the station and killed the armed civilians (first time I've seen them with weapons, no war crime this time! Huzzah!) Ice and Bodge were dispatched north to dislodge the enemy there and I went up to patch up Antler. Draakon had begun his solo assault on the station and went down, Bravo converged with minimal friendly fire from Alpha, Ice and Bodge stacked up on the station and I grabbed Draakon, the mission ended as I began the healing.

Chazarlo - Officer Moon Moon

In planning I said "I'm going north of the station a few times, but not enough times for the Waffly it would appear. Perhaps he was jealous of my MP5 and wished to only pay the Waffly price.. I was killed by cop on cop violence after killing Bodge who was wandering around the outside of the station..
ramming speed!

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Plain and Simple
OPFOR Alpha 1 AR
We had a perfect plan to wait between the bushes and await the enemies approach. Sadly so did they and it turned into a flanking manouver as nobody wanted to run into the open. A1 was sneaking around the very edge of the AO and got flanked ourselves by a suprised CDF soldier who promptly killed one of us and then got killed himself. I moved a bit away from the hillside and was killed instantly. Turned out that all of BLUFOR was moving that way.

Cacheola
INDFOR Alpha AT
With great luck we had 2 caches spawn right next to eachother and only a very small selection of tall buildings to overlook the area. We witnessed the gunfire and explosions in the background as we had some tea while waiting. Finally I was ordered into the tallest building to keep an eye on the cache compound. I partially ignored that order to spot in all directions and saw a AR gunner moving in. We didnt know how many BLUFOR where left so everyone got theyr gameface on and waited. As I was waiting for the guy to show up, he appearently fell on the stairs or something since he gave a painfull complaint in the lower stories of my house and eventually showed up right infront of me and was killed. His friend didnt seem so happy and he started shooting GP grenades into the third floor. The second one killed me while I was trying to find cover from his rage. In the end, the lonesome survivor ran into the cache and was blown up by an IED that we had placed there. :fry:

Finale
Charlie AAR
The second time I played this mission and with only a limited amount of players, it was a close call to say the least. We had just managed to get to our position when the first rockets and explosions created a lot of battlenoise. Coms broke down as soon as the tanks arrived and it was every man for themselves. With nothing more than some bushes and the occasional tree to hide behind, we had some pretty close calls on that hill. Soon enough the tanks broke through and I crawled backwards to avoid being blown to bits. In the back I found some stragglers who where all wounded and after being patched up, I was injured by some small arms fire from behind. I was then patched up, injured, patched up and injured. The first aid system broke and didnt work until our AR gunner carried me towards the front and behind some defilade. Here he patched me up and as we set out to attack the HQ the mission ended in success. No idea how many actually survived that onslaught.
Last edited by Mojo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Operation Red Hammer - A dynamic, storydriven, COOP campaign
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=919

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

dancemoox wrote:It seems before I could get a screen shot someone lifted the SPG-9 I'd died manning :(
Moon moon... Are you blind?

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Black Mamba wrote:
dancemoox wrote:It seems before I could get a screen shot someone lifted the SPG-9 I'd died manning :(
Moon moon... Are you blind?
There were two, someone half inched the one my body is slumped next to..
ramming speed!

tryteyker

Re: [Tue] 23 Jul 2013 (Raising Hell)

Post by tryteyker »

Sorry for the dudes in the IFV for not being there. My computer decided it'd overheat (went to a 110 degrees for my GPU and CPU at peak) and shut itself down numerous times, at random. Lesson learned; Never leave your window closed during summer when playing games like Arma. Bad things will happen.