FolkARPS is a friendly gaming community centred around Arma 3. Our regular sessions feature tactical game-play with consistent in-game organisation, multi-layered comms and a mix of coop and adversarial missions created by members of our community. However, we're not MilSim: there are no ranks or mandatory training - just friendly people.
Watch one of our YouTube channels or play these highlights:
2017 donation drive results2018-09-09
The peace initiative concludes
Financing the Revolution - in the Future2018-08-22
New and advanced methods of collecting the entirely volundary contributions!
Folk ARPS raffle2017-05-22
Come one come all to the Folk ARPS raffle, where you can keep the servers running, and even get something in return!
Call for entries - YIR 2016 contest2017-01-12
The propaganda machine needs fuelling! Do your part today!
2016 Patch orders open2016-12-24
Inspire confidence and improve morale to all those around you with one simple trick!
Transcript approved for training purposes
Need to know
Time: Sun/Tues 1920 UK time.
Server: Folk ARPS, server.folkarps.com:2702
Steam group: SteamCommunity.com/groups/folkarps
Optional mods and addons
Are any of the addons listed on this page required?
No. all addons listed on this page are optional. You can choose to use all, some, or none of them in an FA ArmA 3 session.
Can I use any client-side addon in an FA session?No. We are currently white-listing addons on the ArmA 3 server. Only the addons listed and linked to in this post are permitted (the server will not let you connect with other addons).
Permitted (optional) ArmA 3 client-side addons:
Available through Steam Workshop
- Community Base Addons - required for STUI, PE_ASR_AI, ARES, Others.
- ShackTac User Interface - Highly recommended for situational awareness.
- MRB Voice Stop - Makes AI less chatty.
- Outlawled Mag repack - Allows you to repack magazines.
- Dynasound 2 - BOOOM, WHOOOOOSH, RATATATATATATA!!
- Immerse - Boom shake shake rattle and roll (your view).
- Pooter's Enhanced ASR AI - Recommended if you want to be Zeus for one of our Zeus missions.
- ARES - More tools for Zeus
Highly Recommended Mods
Niche Utility Mods
Zeus Related Mods
Not on Steam Workshop
- TAO Fold Map - Allows you to view a quarter-size map on the move.
- Ciaran's Apex LMG mag fix - Allows you to load 30rnd mags into the Apex LMGs
- Push-to-hear - Allows you to temporarily lower game sounds on key press
- FA_gps+(by Head) - Returns the gps to the old ways of a2
- FA_map - Defaults to white contour map instead of terrain map
- FA_warname(by Head) - changes the names of the in-game weapons to their real life counterparts
Optional TeamSpeak 3 Addons
- Cross Talk - allows you to add distortion and duck channels on TS3.
Automated Folk ARPS mod repository:
Folk ARPS does maintain a repository for Swifty, a highly recommended and very lightweight tool to keep mods up to date and in synchronization with our server.
The Repository contains the following mods:
- Bearb_ch (digital compass bearing)
- Cyrus Push To Hear
- Extra Zeus Compositions by austin_medic
- Outlawled mag repack v3.1.3
- Tao Folding Map A3